Sunday, January 22, 2012





She shoots, she scores! I love hockey. I adore every aspect of it. I cherish it soooo much that I have chosen to do my indenpendant assignment about it! The reason why I chose this subject was because I already know so much about it, but I never really questioned the math behind it all, and i guess that's what that has friven me to chose hockey!

If you really think about it, hockey is all about math; the angle you shoot at, the speed you're skating at, how fast your shot goes, the plays you do in your opponents zone, the accuracy of your shot, your statistics and the list goes on.

There is so much to learn about the math behind hockey and I am planning to discover everything I can!

Here is a pictureeee of me and my linemates, yes we are pink, but we are proud of it! :)

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, your right! I had never thought about how much math really was behind hockey. I like volleyball and I guess you could relate math to it in several ways. Speed, velocity, angles, spins, density, dimensions, height and much more are all related to volleyball as well as many other sports!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, I love your uniforms! Oh and the math too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I never would have thought that hockey had to do with math! All I do is stand and block the shots. Hahaha! But I guess that has to do with prediction and probability which is somewhat mathematical! :3

    ReplyDelete