Thursday, March 22, 2012

IA Session 4/5

My FINAL research questions;

How can math be used to improve ones performance in hockey?

source 1:

Being as I play hockey myself, I have taken time after practices to time,
measure, and calculate exactly what i do, so I can use this information later on
when i will be putting my IA together.

source 2:

i already know what to do and not do during a game, but my coach helped clearify what exactly it is to take a GREAT shot in hockey. He has given me a lot of insight of how hitting the ice in different spots will affect how high or low the puck will go, or how pointing your stick exactly where you want it, will affect where the puck will go as well. All these little things he has told me will be great help for my IA!

source 3:

Of course, the internet has aloud me to learn about hockey in ways i never knew would be related to math!

source 4:

My more experienced friends who have been hockey for nearly their whole lives have given me more information about my subject as well. For example, one of my friends actually took the time to calculate where she was most accurate on the ice for making goals. she took 50 shots from 5 different angles, and then calculated where she was best out of the 250 shots she took, then applied that to her next season! She based her whole season on what she discovered with math :)

2 comments:

  1. It truly is amazing how much insight you are geting into your topic, Melissa. And people say you don't need math in life....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize how important math can be either !! :O

    ReplyDelete